Provides support in economic research for the consultancy team.
Trade Economics, Research, Data Analytics.
Ria works at the intersection of the Consulting and Data Analytics teams. Her main activities include researching and analysing trade, presentation and drafting background papers, while also working with statistical tools and interactive dashboards. Ria’s main contributions are focused on impact assessment studies, modern trade policy analysis and e-commerce assessments. Specifically, Ria has recently been actively involved in drafting of e-commerce assessments in countries in the Asia-Pacific and Africa, amongst others.
Below are some of Ria’s most recent advisory work for clients:
- Identifying trade and investment opportunities for the public and private sector using trade and market analysis tools while designing strategies around the same.
- Analysing the level of adoption of e-commerce by different LDCs and developing nations across Africa and Asia-Pacific.
- Deep dive research and analysis on agricultural value chains across African countries for investment opportunities.
- Researching the implications of trade agreements for the private sector, such as the potential for UK-India trade and investment flows.
Ria holds an MSc in Development Economics from SOAS, University of London and a BA in Economics and Statistics from St Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad in India. She has also completed two summer schools from the London School of Economics and Political Science and the University of Cambridge. She also has formal training in R coding language, SPSS and VBA.
- Native in Bengali, Hindi.
- Fluent in English.