International Economics is conducting a research for the Department for International Trade UK (DIT) to understand the commercial benefits created by the AfCFTA for UK businesses and investors. This research will ultimately be used to inform and shape the UK’s approach to supporting trade and investment in Africa.
Specifically, the team will achieve the following outputs:
- Identify UK commercial opportunities created by the completion of AfCFTA negotiations and through the implementation of AfCFTA across Africa.
- Prioritise UK commercial opportunities created by the AfCFTA by sector, value, country and time;
- Identify competition to UK businesses/investors seeking to take up commercial opportunities;
- Identify ways for HMG to support access to commercial opportunities;
- Provide policy recommendations for how The Authority can support UK businesses an investors to pursue these commercial opportunities.