International Economics Ltd recruits interns and advertises vacancies for professional positions. We look forward to hearing from prospective interns and qualified professionals and welcome applications for our candidate database.
Job Title: Project Manager
Country Location: Belgium (Brussels)
Start Date: End January 2018
Duration: 1 year with possibility for contract extension
Type of contract: Independent (self-employed)
International Economics Consulting is looking for a dynamic Project Manager, with excellent self-initiative to work alongside our Director in Brussels and further strengthen our team. The Project Management Team in Brussels is responsible for the management of projects funded by international donors, in particular the EU and DFID and including Framework Contracts. This new Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of projects currently running, as well as all aspects in support of the Project Management Team and its related activities.
- Day-to-day implementation of donor-funded projects;
- Administrative and financial monitoring of projects;
- Coordination of international team of experts;
- Selecting and recruiting of experts for projects;
- Quality control on projects including results and deliverables;
- Actively participating in all activities within the Project Management team.
- At least a Bachelor level degree, ideally in a field relevant to the work of the firm, for example in economics, international trade, business administration, applied economics, law, political science or similar, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, and a working knowledge of French would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a similar role;
- Experience tendering for and implementing EU-funded projects, in particular operating within framework contracts;
- Experience recruiting key experts for projects, including CV evaluation;
- Good knowledge of EU/DFID procedures, in particular PRAG rules;
- Knowledge of methodology writing an advantage;
- Comfortable with the review of, and experience in, technical reports in the field of economics, trade, international competitiveness etc;
- Experience working with projects in ACP countries;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Confident working independently with a high-degree of self-initiative;
- Attention to detail, and highly organised.
Please apply by 22 December 2017, with your CV (maximum three pages) and a one-page cover letter explaining how you meet the job requirements to email@example.com and the subject line: Brussels-based Project Manager.